Fun Run

Bas

BTS
Hey everyone,

As most of you have probably already noticed, and as I have noted before, I haven't been active for the past year probably now, Started doing stuff again some months back, then quit doing stuff again a week after.

This is purely due to the fact that I have lost interest in the community and how Snapcraft is managed right now, I myself don't see that changing in any possible way (soon) and I just see Snapcraft becoming less and less popular over time, I think that a good reason for that is because there is currently barely any input or involvement possible from the community.

That is never how I intended to run a server, so the reason I'm making this post is to let all of you know that I am now 'officially' resigning from Snapcraft and Maarten will be taking all resposibility upon himself (Which he really already did) and improving the community. I will be focusing myself on another project in the future.

Other than that, Thank you everyone for the great times here at Snapcraft, It has been an extremely fun run since early 2011, And it is really cool to see that some early players are still playing now, even after so much has changed over the years.

I might be looking on the forums every now and than, But please forward all your questions, complaints any anything related to the server to Maarten or any other staff members, I will no longer be able to help you with those issues.

DatPvPGod

Answer to Life
Sorry too see you go, hope you have a great future!

Misstify

Zombie Killer
Bye Bas, plenty of people will probably miss you but I wish you a great time with whatever project it is that you're moving onto now :)

Reeive

Zombie Killer
Nuuuuuuuu Bas whos gonna smite/kill/abuse me now D:
And whos gonna say paladin doesn't want me! I cri forever now

TayFTW

Iron Miner
We will all miss you Bas!! Good luck on your project and hope you see bright and good days in your future. <3

Cookie

Diamond Miner
Bassssss jdsgb;jfknes;dfsw. I'll miss you a lot <3

Good luck in the future, and dun forget about your snapcraft skrubs :'(

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
(This is purely due to the fact that I have lost interest in the community and) how Snapcraft is managed right now, I myself don't see that changing in any possible way (soon) and I just see Snapcraft becoming less and less popular over time, (...).

Uhm, let me clear something.
It's less because "there is currently barely any input, or involvement possible from the community". However, there are more and more players quitting the server (, playing less, etc.) because there is too little to no care about the server of the SC staff team.
There are hardly any staff members around the servers doing their "job". Such ignorant inactivity causes many players bypassing rules without getting punished in any way. Indeed, I am aware of possibly vanished Mods/Admins (e.g. Jaidehellspur), majorly managing the "Report" - List, but only that cannot be it. When there are more than 1 rule-breakers on the server whilst others are complaining, you can't just ignore it, and use your "I have more stuff to deal with" as an excuse. Which also shows the rest (at least most) of the team leave you hanging... Helpers not helping make everything just worse. (...)
Abusing oneselfs power as an Owner is often not liked to be seen, by the way.
(This might be more interesting for Maarten; PM me for more details, I won't start an argument on this thread.)

Regardless, Bas, whatever it is and where ever your way goes, follow your dreams and let no one judge you by that.

Good bye
Guarde

Cookie

Diamond Miner
It's less because "there is currently barely any input, or involvement possible from the community". However, there are more and more players quitting the server (, playing less, etc.) because there is too little to no care about the server of the SC staff team.
There are hardly any staff members around the servers doing their "job". Such ignorant inactivity causes many players bypassing rules without getting punished in any way. Indeed, I am aware of possibly vanished Mods/Admins (e.g. Jaidehellspur), majorly managing the "Report" - List, but only that cannot be it. When there are more than 1 rule-breakers on the server whilst others are complaining, you can't just ignore it, and use your "I have more stuff to deal with" as an excuse. Which also shows the rest (at least most) of the team leave you hanging... Helpers not helping make everything just worse. (...)
(This might be more interesting for Maarten; PM me for more details, I won't start an argument on this thread.)

Regardless, Bas, whatever it is and where ever your way goes, follow your dreams and let no one judge you by that.

Good bye
Guarde
when someone starts ranting on a goodbye thread.

OP
OP
Bas

Bas

BTS

Good bye
Guarde
Feel sorry to say, But you just marked my words.
You might have misinterpreted what I said, but that is exactly what i'm saying.

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
Farewell Bas. Thank you for all your hardwork and effort on this (was...) wonderful server :) it wouldn't be the same without you.

Hey everyone,

This is purely due to the fact that I have lost interest in the community and how Snapcraft is managed right now, I myself don't see that changing in any possible way (soon) and I just see Snapcraft becoming less and less popular over time, I think that a good reason for that is because there is currently barely any input or involvement possible from the community.

That is never how I intended to run a server,
Exactly... Snapcraft needs to step up their game. Everyone is leaving. From players, to staff to the actual owner? Come on guys.