Poll 1(obsidian Destroyer)

Obsidian Destroyer

• Yes, Add it where it takes x amount of explosions(Post below how many)

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Yes, But make it where you need a special TNT/Creeper to do it

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • No, Never

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumbot

Iron Miner
I feel as if raiding in snapcraft is scarce enough, it would be great if people who aren't as rich (Or don't have the material to make withers) can work on bases that have like 1 layer obsidian. It also opens ideas of hybrid cannons, and other types. It would make the snapcraft factions server more liable and informed about cannons that they can use. If people can get more successful raids, then they would probably stay on the server more, and then people would put more effort into making their base instead of just putting a layer of obsidian and be done with their base. I wouldn't really consider the whole idea "OP" just to step it up a little. I'm ok with either the special tnt and creeper egg and certain amount of tnt needed, as long as it's added.
Btw I'm really glad you guys are finally doing this :3 This is just what the factions server needed! :-D

iHatePlayz

Tree Puncher
Tnt and creeper,it would take 4-6 blasts of tnt

Alemence

Gold Miner
I think it's worth clarifying that in factions there are the following defense mechanisms and caveats:
any non obsidian block wall: tnt cannon
any non obsidian block wall with water protection: sand cannon
Any obsidian block wall: wither

Everything has it's methods of being taken down. So in factions, nothing is unraidable.
This means that if we add something that makes taking obsidian down even easier; it will only take the place of the cost of a wither, and skyrocket the cost of a wither. There has to be balance.

I personally would love to see the return of sponges, and a special block/creeper/etc that would remove it. This adds an entirely new tier to the list of defense mechanisms. Adding more depth to factions and giving the more powerful factions something to strive towards. Which would in turn make them vulnerable as they're spending resources and time into the new protection system.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
I think it's worth clarifying that in factions there are the following defense mechanisms and caveats:
any non obsidian block wall: tnt cannon
any non obsidian block wall with water protection: sand cannon
Any obsidian block wall: wither

Everything has it's methods of being taken down. So in factions, nothing is unraidable.
This means that if we add something that makes taking obsidian down even easier; it will only take the place of the cost of a wither, and skyrocket the cost of a wither. There has to be balance.

I personally would love to see the return of sponges, and a special block/creeper/etc that would remove it. This adds an entirely new tier to the list of defense mechanisms. Adding more depth to factions and giving the more powerful factions something to strive towards. Which would in turn make them vulnerable as they're spending resources and time into the new protection system.
This is exactly why I don't want obsidian destroyer turned on. It will ruin the experience for many people. And yes! Sponges would be amazing if they were brought back

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
I think ale is saying that he would like the special obsidian destroyer.
oh, skim read it. But, what would the special obsidian destroyer be? Would there be a completely different type of TNT?

Alemence

Gold Miner
I think ale is saying that he would like the special obsidian destroyer.

In the sense that it doesn't destroy obsidian, but sponges or a new tier of defense, yes. We could add items such as a Sponge Drill Kit, or just check in the sponges if a charged creeper is popping the blocks.

I honestly would like to see this factions server extend to more of a challenging length, because raiding is only easy for the people who have withers. If there was the add on of obsidian breaker i would make it a minimum of 10 shots just so its fair and it would being a lot more popularity to the server because there will be more protected bases thus causing challengers to come and take down these bases. Just my thought, it would really help the popularity of the server.

plus i feel that if there was a possibility for cannon raiding it would give a much more enjoyable sense to gameplay and base building would be taken more seriously. in the past 2 years of faction i felt that everything had an elevator which you could easily walk in to and climb to the top. And to remove this handicap would bring many more people and a variety of people to snapcraft. :3

this factions server is honestly like a training wheels baby factions, you need to make it so it takes actual skill in raiding instead of kids running around with a bunch of money and wither heads. Plus in the pass 2 resets this server has only been afk for factions, its boring in my opinion and adding the ability to cannon would make it much more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.