The Server Is Loosing Popularity :/

iamontda

Void Walker
Losing* :3

Also yeah, easily 1000 people per day during the summer. I think why we're dealing with right now is like the lul time in a video recording; Transition to SC 3, broken plugins, 1.8, Bukkit stuff, revitalizing certain servers... We'll have older members leave and new members join from this point on until everything is fixed, and then a while after that we'll be settled in a bit more.

Also, vid series to 1 mil? What's that?

Mayamush

Skeleton Slayer
Losing* :3

Also yeah, easily 1000 people per day during the summer. I think why we're dealing with right now is like the lul time in a video recording; Transition to SC 3, broken plugins, 1.8, Bukkit stuff, revitalizing certain servers... We'll have older members leave and new members join from this point on until everything is fixed, and then a while after that we'll be settled in a bit more.

Also, vid series to 1 mil? What's that?
It's basically a series where you start with no money and your aim is to get 1m.

iamontda

Void Walker
It's basically a series where you start with no money and your aim is to get 1m.

Ooooooooh, you guys mean in survival? I guess somebody could do that, or like five staff members join forces and unite their work to earn money and also do stupid things at the same time to get 1M.

Idk if it's a good idea or not.

Or Bas/Maarten make a 1M video and just show themselves cheating it in. Lol.

archerunknown

Gold Miner
i would say everyone who has SKYPE start telling there contacts about snapcraft forums and the ip that should add more than 50 people :-P

LuckyLeprechaun

Tree Puncher
Afraid so :/ not so easy to get rid of hackers. Although Kean makes a point when you say advertise on other areas of interest. As I've said earlier sc has potential.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
Losing populaitiry? stop the hackers, and your done! (including scammers)
Imagine a place with no hackers or scammers at all... Wouldn't that seem... Boring? Imagine everyday being the same. No action. No one complaining about someone "hacking." I mean hackers and scammers ruin the gameplay, but erasing every bit of their existence... Most of the reports are full of hack reports and a little of a player scamming, and then one day.. poof; gone. Also, staff are important for handling that sort of stuff. So once hackers and scammers disappear that would take a huge part off of their job

(just my opinion if hackers and scammers died off suddenly)

iamontda

Void Walker
Well, now that Cosmic mentions it, it's kind of fun to take care of scammers and hackers. Not that I'm saying I like them in any way. But it does give people an important job to fulfill every day, and a reason to complain about said job xD Otherwise Helpers would simply only help people find their way around, and dam. It has its rewards, but does get boring after a while.

Let's say that everyone suddenly gained an IQ of 90, no matter their age, and every hacker, scammer and troll went "meh." We would have the Owners, who knows about Moderators, a few Builders, a Developer or three, and that's it.

Sad Staff would be sad. Maybe.

Plus, seeing people rotate through and getting the chance to experience working on a server (then having weird conversations with said people)... It's such a nice idea. Even if so few of the Helpers get to be "permanent", it's impossible to forget those whom were Helpers were in the past.

iamontda

Void Walker
Wanted to make a separate post that was more on-topic o-o The one Saturday stream we did was fantaaaastic even though Rec was a bit late. I never realized that we work together well as Staff until we had all of us up and chatting during that. "So yeah, that happened."

So we would have to do something on Youtube some time, and especially on the official Channel that already has a lot of subscribers. People might notice on the hot bar to the side that the Channel is posting stuff again, and have a look.

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
Wanted to make a separate post that was more on-topic o-o The one Saturday stream we did was fantaaaastic even though Rec was a bit late. I never realized that we work together well as Staff until we had all of us up and chatting during that. "So yeah, that happened."

So we would have to do something on Youtube some time, and especially on the official Channel that already has a lot of subscribers. People might notice on the hot bar to the side that the Channel is posting stuff again, and have a look.

That stream was amazing! I sat there wishing that I could be part of it... though I knew it was staff only. My only chance to be noticed was to team with Dax during one of the hunger games. I even made the "right click with sword and crouch repeatedly" sign, which was the universal sign for "hey team I'm desperate and you're God compared to me" (don't start religious arguments)

Yeah, he killed me. At the same time a tear left my eye.

But I did get mentioned a few times, that really excited me. (a little too much)

On another note: I found out that I don't have any cat videos on my youtube account. (Sorry fans)
BlackFan.ico

CyberMist®

Banned
Basically,now a days. Since many others do stuff similar (Minecraft) have been pushed towards a linear. Many go forth with series of just SMP and go off. Some drop by. As many have said Youtube is just a mini boost on all of this. Streaming is also another idea close to Youtube. Therefore Minecraft is slowly going down which means that server population decreases. But Snapcraft is still strong as long as threre are still people in the world that play games. And put forth to it.

iamontda

Void Walker
Well I mean, Minecraft will stick around for a little while longer before it strongly declines. Maybe a year, who knows with Microsoft's plan. They're being a little bit weird between this whole Microsoft and Mojang thing we have going on, so I'm sitting here going ;-; while people argue and also talk about Microsoft's update ideas.

Anyways. Even if you aren't fond of the game, you tend to magnetize back if you ever get a really good idea for a map or building or skin or whatever. Minecraft has become so elaborate with its texture packs, mods, skins... People will eventually get lazy. But modded Minecraft will surely live much longer from what I've seen, even if it's a pain.

I do like streaming. There are plenty of people out there who have more fun talking to others on Twitch rather than watching someone play a game. And yeah, people do tend to levitate towards god-status when they participate in a stream, it's a sad barrier. But if you guys watched we had like... 50 people+ trying to get into a Hunger Games match because of watching the stream. Lawl. Everyone wants their 15 minutes.

Lodeclaw is a coolio guy who created the Speed Build League, like one of the first timed building competitions. I sucked back then, and y'know, your heart rate starts going when you're live. I went into like 5 competitions before he stopped SBL.

iamontda

Void Walker
No, rather than being on the edge of my seat I'm relaxed about this. We aren't necessarily losing many members, and if we would be Maarten would've probably made a Thread about this already. These are kind of just ideas bouncing around between members of how to popularize this server. c;