Would You Be Interested In A Modded Minecraft Experience? Click Me!

If Snapcraft were to set up a modded Minecraft server, would you be interested in playing it?

• Definitely yes

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • It seems interesting, I might give it a try

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I prefer what we have now.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • No. Definitely not.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamontda

Void Walker
Well, DANG. If we ever chose to keep it down to donators, I don't know how many would get on. But anyways, nobody said that would be the case, only that it could be whitelisting depending on your reputation in the main server. There could be some random perks from having a donation rank, but again nothing OP. I rather wonder if it's really possible to give specific people the upper hand, that would probably be something to do manually.

If we do actually plan to launch the whitelist idea, it could basically be filling a little snippet form out and agreeing to the rules... If that were to happen, they must have read the rules we make before, and if they were to go in and start wrecking around in a way not abiding to the rules, then it's their fault for being banned, not ours, since it was their responsibility to read. ;3

OP
OP
Nikki3point0

Nikki3point0

Special Person
I would love it, but limiting it to just donators would make it a waste of time. If its gonna be done right, it needs to include the non-ranks as well :)
It wouldn't necessarily be limited to donors as things are right now. It would, however, most likely be a whitelist situation where those in the community would have to fill out an application to be approved by staff.

OP
OP
Nikki3point0

Nikki3point0

Special Person
Well, DANG. If we ever chose to keep it down to donators, I don't know how many would get on. But anyways, nobody said that would be the case, only that it could be whitelisting depending on your reputation in the main server. There could be some random perks from having a donation rank, but again nothing OP. I rather wonder if it's really possible to give specific people the upper hand, that would probably be something to do manually.

If we do actually plan to launch the whitelist idea, it could basically be filling a little snippet form out and agreeing to the rules... If that were to happen, they must have read the rules we make before, and if they were to go in and start wrecking around in a way not abiding to the rules, then it's their fault for being banned, not ours, since it was their responsibility to read. ;3

To build on this, if things go the way I would like to see them go with this potential server....

It would be a white-list system that allowed only a limited amount of players on, increasing that number as we get the system used to the traffic and resource-usage. People who break rules or abuse power on the potential server would, depending on the severity of the situation, and depending on the 'waitlist' of those who want to access the server, but can't because the cap has been reached - depending on this, those who break the rules or abuse power would be kicked, banned for three days, then perma-banned from the potential server only. They would be allowed to make an appeal, but would be placed at the bottom of the queue.

But this is if things go the way I'd like them to with this potential server. Please do not take this for written fact because nothing has been confirmed. Again, this is just a discussion to see if there's enough interest in the server. c:

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
To build on this, if things go the way I would like to see them go with this potential server....

It would be a white-list system that allowed only a limited amount of players on, increasing that number as we get the system used to the traffic and resource-usage. People who break rules or abuse power on the potential server would, depending on the severity of the situation, and depending on the 'waitlist' of those who want to access the server, but can't because the cap has been reached - depending on this, those who break the rules or abuse power would be kicked, banned for three days, then perma-banned from the potential server only. They would be allowed to make an appeal, but would be placed at the bottom of the queue.

But this is if things go the way I'd like them to with this potential server. Please do not take this for written fact because nothing has been confirmed. Again, this is just a discussion to see if there's enough interest in the server. c:

Sounds like a good idea to me :-D And it also seems you have a pretty decent system and idea of how the server is gonna work... The only thing that needs to be decided in my opinion is which mods to use. Great progress towards a modded server so far and i hope this works out! :-D

Also is there a way to change my vote? : P I voted for maybe and i wanna change it to "It seems interesting"

OP
OP
Nikki3point0

Nikki3point0

Special Person
Sounds like a good idea to me :-D And it also seems you have a pretty decent system and idea of how the server is gonna work... The only thing that needs to be decided in my opinion is which mods to use. Great progress towards a modded server so far and i hope this works out! :-D

Also is there a way to change my vote? : P I voted for maybe and i wanna change it to "It seems interesting"
Thank you! (: Again, nothing that I or anyone else has said is set in stone, but what I've mentioned is what I'd like to see! If this gets enough of a following, I'll talk to the other staff about what I'd like to implement. c: We'll see!

As far as changing your vote, I don't think there's a way, but I'll make a note of it when we go to tally things up. c:

Joshua21811

Stone Miner
I Love The Server As Much I Do Want To Get Staff. I'm Am Very Happy That We Can Try To Make A Modded Server And That. I Also Want To Say That I Have An Idea For This Modded Server: Crazy Craft.

UnionjackMC

Gold Miner
So, this would be a new server. Would it be a new portal or a completely new server?

And would people with ranks in survival have that same rank in modded survival? They are both survival so it makes sense.

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
So, this would be a new server. Would it be a new portal or a completely new server?

And would people with ranks in survival have that same rank in modded survival? They are both survival so it makes sense.
Completely new server due to the fact it's modded and you will need to download a client that has those mods but will be provided by snapcraft for simplicity :)

scheltsy

Gold Miner
I would reallllly like it if you added tinkers construct, it add's all sorts of new weapons and tools :-D

Some of tinkers construct would be too overpowered because of the Cleavers, There would need to be a way to get good enough armour to stop all the damage or make it so you can't make the cleaver. The cleaver can have a base damage of like 20 hearts and then with added sharpness and the exo armour the damage can be up to 50 hearts.

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
Some of tinkers construct would be too overpowered because of the Cleavers, There would need to be a way to get good enough armour to stop all the damage or make it so you can't make the cleaver. The cleaver can have a base damage of like 20 hearts and then with added sharpness and the exo armour the damage can be up to 50 hearts.
Well if it's factions, tinkers construct shouldn't be an option, but in survival it's fine

LegalSense

Void Walker
In no way does this make the message look more formal; writing like that makes it look like you don't know how to write in proper English. It also doesn't make it any easier to understand and yes, yes it does disappoint.
Understand? It is hard to read.
It is obviously hard to read.
You two have no right to tell him how he should type. If he wants to type that way, he is allowed to type that way. Just because he is typing with capitalization on all his letters, doesn't mean that disallows him to share his opinions. Be respectful towards others.

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner

That is true but on survival it wouldn't be much, if all a problem.

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
Indeed this could be a problem, But I would extremely hope that the players we do have on the server would be respectful and play the game as it's supposed to be played. This is why you will most likely need to apply to get on the server.

Last edited:

fluffyjoebunny

Tree Puncher
Tinkers Construct would be great for like survival since pvp is disabled(player vs player for all those noobs out there :-D) and other mods like that, but I hate it when there are banned items, if there is a SOLID reason for it to be banned then ok. I love the idea of having a application to fill out since the people that disobey the rules waste their time writing the app then getting banned.

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
Tinkers Construct would be great for like survival since pvp is disabled(player vs player for all those noobs out there :-D) and other mods like that, but I hate it when there are banned items, if there is a SOLID reason for it to be banned then ok. I love the idea of having a application to fill out since the people that disobey the rules waste their time writing the app then getting banned.
No one has ever said anything about having the server be pvp off.

iamontda

Void Walker
0h m3 so s0rry, so u dnt m1nd if sum1 sp3eks lyke dis?
If you prefer to, yes. I knew someone Who Typed In All Caps Like This and it annoyed me, but he had some sort of ocd different from my own and couldn't help it.

Also this Thread is for ideas, not bashing \o/ PM eachother about it if you are that bothered.

Anyways, so an application sounds fitting all the way though, but we would have to decide what the server is centered on. Being modded, and the probably needed ban on certain items, I would keep it a pvp off, Survival sort of setup with protected chests etc. PvP could probably stay on, though, as long as in the agreement we cover all that "respect" stuff and maybe even have rules about rivalry. That would be fun :-D

fluffyjoebunny

Tree Puncher
Well all the survival servers (all that I have seen) have had pvp that's why they made factions sooo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.