Updates & Uuid / Name Changing Compatibility

iamontda

Void Walker
You'll figure it out, Blaze. Thinking it's similar to sponges but smarter.

So ender chests and everything (maybe even vaults and money) will be affected as well? I like details c:

nesto813

Iron Miner
I'm in middle a reset would bring a lot of new things and clear out alot of Unused areas but at the same time I've invested alot of time, resources and money to just lose it all and return to nothing I have at least a 200 to 250 if not more sponges in my town not including others sponges and then return to nothing I just don't know....... :'(:/ for those that have nothing it's fine but for those that do it ......... I can't talk like that on here.......

lukejamesb1

First Step
RESET SURVIVAL FOR FIXES? VOTE: http://strawpoll.me/3563138

This is pretty ridiculous I must admit. Alot of people have spent their own personal money to construct their cities in survival mode and to have it completely reset is a completely unjust way to cater to the people who are supporting your server by providing the monetary means for you to keep it running.
I beg that careful thought is exercised in this, because I see no compensation regarding people such as myself who have spent $30-$40 out of their own pocket on snapcoins very regularly, have brought material intended to build their houses or cities, then to have it removed without compensation doesn't beg the smartest and is the most altruistic way to go about things. Fair enough there's bugs that need clearing.
But find a way to compensate the people who have spent their hard earned money to enjoy gameplay here. If what they have spent their money on is no longer there, and as a result they are no longer able to enjoy it. That's an obvious unfair transaction.
That's like me going to buy a coffee, I spend the money on it, and halfway through drinking it - it gets taken away from me even though I spent my money to have it. It doesn't make sense that the massive cities Nesto813 and I have been constructing and spending painstaking amounts of time and doing grueling hours of reshaping land gets taken away, due to the majority of yes votes are being cast by people who build one house, have one plot, and it looks like an absolute eyesore so they end up getting sick of it and wanting it taken away.

People like Nesto and I have 150+ sponges all over the area. We've put alot of work into this, so a system to cater to the more serious and hardcore builders should be considered especially since these are the people that are paying for your server and thereby increasing your wallet size.
But my mind is pretty much decided that I will be quitting if Survival does get reset.
I spent weeks building block by block a Quartz city based on Roman and Greek Architecture and the day I finish it is the day this was announced so I'm definitely not happy, at all.

This might be the grown up thing to say, but regardless of what business you are running, be it a cafe, supermarket, minecraft server or other online games. You are still running a business, and customer service should always be your main priority for retention and increased interest which garner in the long run - increased profit margins. I'm sure there are other people considering quitting too. They might not, or they might. But just one person quitting decreases overall profits for this server by at least 15%. Especially since alot of the demographic in this server are kids who don't work. But for the people who do work - if you work with us we will willingly provide lots of monetary support because we genuinely enjoy the server.
But screw around with that and the majority of top spenders I guarantee you will be going. I know I will. Because the kids like to earn their snapcoins ingame and have no cash to buy. So take care of your financial supporters.

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
There's many, many people that play on survival Luke, we can't just take the opinion of one person, and not take the overall opinion of playerbase, And don't think careful consideration isn't taken into account during this situation. Any sort of reset would be done to benefit everyone, not just one person or one group of people. (Not saying you're opinion doesn't count).

lukejamesb1

First Step
There is no opinion here.
This is me saying if what I spent my money on is being taken away I expect a full refund or something else provided along those lines ingame. Simply because the majority of money I spent wasn't on sponges or ranks. It was on material to build because I'm VIP+ and don't have creative.
Therefore if there's a clear of all my material which is an entire city made entirely of quartz is gone.
I pretty much spent 100$ to build that city, if not more. So you can see my anger here.
If I am compensated I have no problem.

123IsIt

Obsidian Miner
Sweeeet. Can't wait to change my name :-D

But first... Needa remove my 80 something sponges...

Also, quick question. If we changed our names, would we also be removed from sponges that we have been added to?
lol, I ned to remove like 200. Not kidding.

Cookie

Diamond Miner
There is no opinion here.
This is me saying if what I spent my money on is being taken away I expect a full refund or something else provided along those lines ingame. Simply because the majority of money I spent wasn't on sponges or ranks. It was on material to build because I'm VIP+ and don't have creative.
Therefore if there's a clear of all my material which is an entire city made entirely of quartz is gone.
I pretty much spent 100$ to build that city, if not more. So you can see my anger here.
If I am compensated I have no problem.
I'd just like to state my thought on this...

There's going to be a reset eventually. It may be a long time from now, or it may be next week. Either way, we're losing everything we've done. But think of it this way. We have a fresh new start. A new beginning, where we could explore more, and experiment with the ideas we've held in for so long. Wouldn't that be nice?

Also, Minecraft is just a game. Snapcraft is just a server. All made for our enjoyment. I understand you are angry since you have put in a lot of work and effort into your town, but believe me. I have a town of my own, and I've worked quite hard on it as well. Also, the reset isn't confirmed. Don't jump to conclusions...

Another thing, no one is forcing you to buy ranks. The decision is yours, if you want to buy a rank, or sponges, or whatever.

Just my opinion on this. Think of it as a fresh start, allowing you to start your masterpiece all over again.

nesto813

Iron Miner
There's many, many people that play on survival Luke, we can't just take the opinion of one person, and not take the overall opinion of playerbase, And don't think careful consideration isn't taken into account during this situation. Any sort of reset would be done to benefit everyone, not just one person or one group of people. (Not saying you're opinion doesn't count).

you are correct bob the opinion of one person or a group of people should not be taken into account on this decision. but im pretty sure most of the player base you speek of that don't mind reset are the ones that have nothing to lose now the ones that are voting no im also pretty sure feel the way luke feels. if you only have one sponge and a couple hundred dollars in your game wallet im sure you would vote yes reset !. but if you have a couple hundred sponges and tons of builds all sponged and thousands of dollars then you would mind a reset. like I said a reset would be good for the server to fix all the bugs and the terrain but at the expense of losing everything and waste the money that was used to build and purchases sponges and material. some of use enjoy building from raw material it adds to the game play now yes higher rank could be purchased to build in creative but is almost like cheating nothing against those that do have creative it just takes away from the builds but that's a personal opinion. if in game money and sponges were taken into consideration a few people would not mind a reset I would be fine with rebuilding but to have to purchace everything all over then that's what I and some do not like. but the ones that do have stuff to loss are in the few so we are the ones that will lose................................

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
This is pretty ridiculous I must admit. Alot of people have spent their own personal money to construct their cities in survival mode and to have it completely reset is a completely unjust way to cater to the people who are supporting your server by providing the monetary means for you to keep it running.
I beg that careful thought is exercised in this, because I see no compensation regarding people such as myself who have spent $30-$40 out of their own pocket on snapcoins very regularly, have brought material intended to build their houses or cities, then to have it removed without compensation doesn't beg the smartest and is the most altruistic way to go about things. Fair enough there's bugs that need clearing.
But find a way to compensate the people who have spent their hard earned money to enjoy gameplay here. If what they have spent their money on is no longer there, and as a result they are no longer able to enjoy it. That's an obvious unfair transaction.
That's like me going to buy a coffee, I spend the money on it, and halfway through drinking it - it gets taken away from me even though I spent my money to have it. It doesn't make sense that the massive cities Nesto813 and I have been constructing and spending painstaking amounts of time and doing grueling hours of reshaping land gets taken away, due to the majority of yes votes are being cast by people who build one house, have one plot, and it looks like an absolute eyesore so they end up getting sick of it and wanting it taken away.

People like Nesto and I have 150+ sponges all over the area. We've put alot of work into this, so a system to cater to the more serious and hardcore builders should be considered especially since these are the people that are paying for your server and thereby increasing your wallet size.
But my mind is pretty much decided that I will be quitting if Survival does get reset.
I spent weeks building block by block a Quartz city based on Roman and Greek Architecture and the day I finish it is the day this was announced so I'm definitely not happy, at all.

This might be the grown up thing to say, but regardless of what business you are running, be it a cafe, supermarket, minecraft server or other online games. You are still running a business, and customer service should always be your main priority for retention and increased interest which garner in the long run - increased profit margins. I'm sure there are other people considering quitting too. They might not, or they might. But just one person quitting decreases overall profits for this server by at least 15%. Especially since alot of the demographic in this server are kids who don't work. But for the people who do work - if you work with us we will willingly provide lots of monetary support because we genuinely enjoy the server.
But screw around with that and the majority of top spenders I guarantee you will be going. I know I will. Because the kids like to earn their snapcoins ingame and have no cash to buy. So take care of your financial supporters.
I'd like to address that in the previous resets people who donated for permanent ingame items such as sponges and money could get something back if they emailed us after the reset. Let me make this clear aswell: By accepting our terms of service, you have agreed that we may reset a server or even your rank at any point, not to mention our "all sales are final" policy. But, instead of just making assumptions, you could have just asked.

lukejamesb1

First Step
I'd like to address that in the previous resets people who donated for permanent ingame items such as sponges and money could get something back if they emailed us after the reset. Let me make this clear aswell: By accepting our terms of service, you have agreed that we may reset a server or even your rank at any point, not to mention our "all sales are final" policy. But, instead of just making assumptions, you could have just asked.

I've sent many emails that haven't been responded to. When an issue arises, it's always a complicated and annoying process to get it resolved.
I lost 21 sponges the other day because of server problems. NO ONE has even made a form of contact to me who has high authority on the server. Not only did I email, I asked a high ranking person ingame, for which the latter of the conversation and my question was just ignored and the person never messaged me later, or even looked like he wanted to help me out. And I even posted on the forums.

Like I've stated very strongly, I do not care about the reset. I simply care about putting the money that I work my ass off for 50 hours every week in hard labor job into good use. I have asked many questions before, and the majority went ignored. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame anyone or troll. But this came as a very nasty surprise for me as this is the first Minecraft server I've stuck to and I wasn't aware of reset functions.

There still is conditions and legalities that outweigh minor policies set up by small or self managed businesses. Thus is why Paypal was made.
Anyway that's my two cents. To be honest I'm about one step away from subtracting my presence from this game permanently anyway.

iamontda

Void Walker
I've sent many emails that haven't been responded to. When an issue arises, it's always a complicated and annoying process to get it resolved.
I lost 21 sponges the other day because of server problems. NO ONE has even made a form of contact to me who has high authority on the server. Not only did I email, I asked a high ranking person ingame, for which the latter of the conversation and my question was just ignored and the person never messaged me later, or even looked like he wanted to help me out. And I even posted on the forums.

Like I've stated very strongly, I do not care about the reset. I simply care about putting the money that I work my ass off for 50 hours every week in hard labor job into good use. I have asked many questions before, and the majority went ignored. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame anyone or troll. But this came as a very nasty surprise for me as this is the first Minecraft server I've stuck to and I wasn't aware of reset functions.

There still is conditions and legalities that outweigh minor policies set up by small or self managed businesses. Thus is why Paypal was made.
Anyway that's my two cents. To be honest I'm about one step away from subtracting my presence from this game permanently anyway.

So you emailed the support address? Even if you emailed correctly, it goes straight to Bas and Maarten. However, they're kind of just a little bit busy, if you can believe it. Helpers and such aren't really the way to go either, because wasted sponges and real-world money lost are almost on a legal and monetary front, which is one the Owners know the most about. Just be patient.

Also, about the money deal... I've already speculated to myself, and I have a few tips for you jolly players. First, buy ranks, not sponges or money. Ranks are permanent, but money and sponges can go with a snap (ha) of the fingers and get you into some sticky trouble. It's cool to hear that you built something by hand out of quartz or whatever, but it'd be much faster and more money saving to just buy a rank that has GMC. You can lose in-game money with a restart, but you can't lose your rank.

Second, put your money to good use. I'll never understand why people put hundreds of dollars into things like Minecraft servers, WoW, fancy items you don't need, and the like. No offense headed to anyone, but it doesn't personally seem right to invest so much. That being said, it's your money, and you decide to do what you like with it. That's your choice. If you make a mistake, call yourself out on it, maybe have a nice conversation with a help line about what's up, and move on without making the mistake again.

I once set my debit card up to Crunchyroll to use their free trial for the Attack on Titan subbed version. Next month, what'd'you know, I'm charged $16 by them. Why? Because it automatically charged me for the next month since I never cancelled. I talked to my mom about it, and by the end of the night I was pissed (pardon the French). However, even though I never got the money back, I moved on and learnt to cancel subscriptions.

So, back to Luke :) Maybe you do want to step back from Snap and possibly Minecraft in general. That could be a good thing, just to overall collect your thoughts or change what you do financially. Again, that's your choice, and I'm sorry for the loss of money you'll have in the future (because as we know, no matter if it's two weeks or two years, Survival will eventually restart again).