Updates & Uuid / Name Changing Compatibility

nesto813

Iron Miner
So you emailed the support address? Even if you emailed correctly, it goes straight to Bas and Maarten. However, they're kind of just a little bit busy, if you can believe it. Helpers and such aren't really the way to go either, because wasted sponges and real-world money lost are almost on a legal and monetary front, which is one the Owners know the most about. Just be patient.

Also, about the money deal... I've already speculated to myself, and I have a few tips for you jolly players. First, buy ranks, not sponges or money. Ranks are permanent, but money and sponges can go with a snap (ha) of the fingers and get you into some sticky trouble. It's cool to hear that you built something by hand out of quartz or whatever, but it'd be much faster and more money saving to just buy a rank that has GMC. You can lose in-game money with a restart, but you can't lose your rank.

Second, put your money to good use. I'll never understand why people put hundreds of dollars into things like Minecraft servers, WoW, fancy items you don't need, and the like. No offense headed to anyone, but it doesn't personally seem right to invest so much. That being said, it's your money, and you decide to do what you like with it. That's your choice. If you make a mistake, call yourself out on it, maybe have a nice conversation with a help line about what's up, and move on without making the mistake again.

I once set my debit card up to Crunchyroll to use their free trial for the Attack on Titan subbed version. Next month, what'd'you know, I'm charged $16 by them. Why? Because it automatically charged me for the next month since I never cancelled. I talked to my mom about it, and by the end of the night I was pissed (pardon the French). However, even though I never got the money back, I moved on and learnt to cancel subscriptions.

So, back to Luke :) Maybe you do want to step back from Snap and possibly Minecraft in general. That could be a good thing, just to overall collect your thoughts or change what you do financially. Again, that's your choice, and I'm sorry for the loss of money you'll have in the future (because as we know, no matter if it's two weeks or two years, Survival will eventually restart again).

so what ure saying is don't support the the server to keep it up by purchasing................ and even with ranks that have gmc u still need sponges and the server not you need people to support it by purchasing just my two cents..................

Hydox

Gold Miner
Well.

I changed my name before reading this :/

Im screwed.

To be honest, I would hate for survival to have a full on reset. I have spent months building up all my stuff, and money. I personally proberly wouldnt play SC if it reset, cant be bothered to redo all of the work. But it looks like the community want it reset :/

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
Well.

I changed my name before reading this :/

Im screwed.

To be honest, I would hate for survival to have a full on reset. I have spent months building up all my stuff, and money. I personally proberly wouldnt play SC if it reset, cant be bothered to redo all of the work. But it looks like the community want it reset :/
Don't chu leave me again Harv ;-)

lukejamesb1

First Step
Iamontda, I have owned and ran my own business. I managed an Anytime Fitness gym on my own aswell here in Melbourne, Australia, that enlisted over a thousand members in first three months of opening which I did on my own. So I know what demanding is, and I understand the basic and advanced implications on how to act especially when providing a product or service which you are charging for a monetary amount. Busy is ABSOLUTELY never an excuse. What you think is busy in a sixteen year old perspective will seem like a cakewalk when you hit 21. It's hard to sit in my shoes, since you are still a teenager. But when you get into the work force and if you ever get into a managerial position you'd understand busy is no excuse, ever. Especially concerning customer service.

Secondly, please. Never give me financial advice, considering you are still getting yours from your Mom. I have no problems financially as I stated considering I do work quite hard and get good money.

MY POINT HERE, so please PAY ATTENTION. Is if I put the money, into materials, which after the reset will no longer be there - will I be entitled to some form of compensation or not? See the thing about legitimate companies who care about how they are perceived in the eyes of the public, and games such as WoW is that if they were to do anything that would involve the implication of other people spending money, they would do it in a way in which the people were FULLY compensated ingame via other means.
I didn't ask, because I've sent numerous emails, many of which have never been replied to, and this is dating back a few months ago.
So no, don't give me busy.I'm not talking about 16 dollars. I'm saying I don't mind spending money, I have alot of it. But I work hard for it, so I don't like WASTING MONEY. Understand the difference? It's not a waste if my city is there, or there is a form of compensation in my eyes. It's a waste if the money spent equals 0 compensation, and more so becomes a free donation. That I am not cool with.

iamontda

Void Walker
Luke, there are some choice things I'd like to tell you, but I won't because it isn't worth sinking to your level. Honestly, for a business owner, you're quite rude, and I really, really don't want to do this today. If you have tons of money, you shouldn't be complaining, because again it's your choice what you do with it. $100 should be a toss at this point (not even sure why you'd care about Minecraft) the way you talk about it.

As Maarten already stated, you can get compensated by emailing. Don't forget that, also, people have lives. They do a lot and built up the foundation of Snapcraft when they had good time, and they've managed it for years. Bas and Maarten are people that I've respected the most in my life besides my dad and grandfather. You give what you get.

I do happen to know what "busy" is, sometimes dealing with five people at a time in Creative asking for help with things. I wheel and deal, mate, and I frankly don't care any more about your gloating. I could gloat and whine and bash others about ten things right now, but no thanks. I like people more than that.

At the end of the day, fair's fair. You've spent your money. You can get compensated from a reset in two days or two years by emailing. That's about all you need to know.

OP
OP
Bas

Bas

BTS
I do understand all the frustrations people seem to get over the 'Survival Reset', And honestly, I do not think resetting survival is the best solution for all of these problems.
We are currently looking for another solution or a smoother way of doing this - Forget about it for now, I will post information about it later.

@lukejamesb1 I'm sorry about all the trouble you have with the support email, I'm the one mostly responsible for answering those - because i'm the only one who can answer them. It's pretty hard to answer each and every email since im still finishing university, I try to balance things out the best I can, but sometimes it's just not possible - I have taken breaks for multiple months from the server because of my university, Not to be rude, But my life is on the first place, and my company is on the second place right now.
I'm trying to solve problems that occur to the best of my power, and i'd like to help everyone get their help, say or satisfaction - But it's simply too much for me to handle sometimes, I hope you understand.

Keep an eye out for a new news post including more information regarding the survival server.

BLOOOB

Zombie Killer
I'd just like to state my thought on this...

There's going to be a reset eventually. It may be a long time from now, or it may be next week. Either way, we're losing everything we've done. But think of it this way. We have a fresh new start. A new beginning, where we could explore more, and experiment with the ideas we've held in for so long. Wouldn't that be nice?

Also, Minecraft is just a game. Snapcraft is just a server. All made for our enjoyment. I understand you are angry since you have put in a lot of work and effort into your town, but believe me. I have a town of my own, and I've worked quite hard on it as well. Also, the reset isn't confirmed. Don't jump to conclusions...

Another thing, no one is forcing you to buy ranks. The decision is yours, if you want to buy a rank, or sponges, or whatever.

Just my opinion on this. Think of it as a fresh start, allowing you to start your masterpiece all over again.
Sorry, but I have to agree with Luke here. Things are no longer just a game once a person has spent $100+ on it. Luke wants to satisfy himself by building his city out of quarts, let him. If you reset the server after all that time and money has been spent, he deserves something back. I'm just gonna say that you should probably give him somewhat of some payback, I'm no longer talking to cookies4life here. Luke seems like a very dedicated and dedicating player that plays on this server. If I worked on this staff, I would be proud to have a player like Luke on out server, and wouldn't want to lose him. Snapcraft should appeal to everybody and not just the large majority, be it refundings will take place. I just think that this whole situation is rediculous and that reseting the server without any sort of remorse isn't a good idea now, and won't be in the future. I'm glad that I don't play survival and I probably won't start.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
I want a reset. I'm bored. Its fun building new stuff anyways, you'll get bored if you don't have a fresh start.
But yeah I see how buying sponges can get annoying, that's why I also don't buy them. Look at Ave, he's blught like 80. I do agree they should get maybe like something back but at the same time it is suppose to be a restart and it would be unfair to have such an advantage.
(Or at least I do)
Also, I lost my bal when I switched accounts, I don't know if that can be fixed but it would be great if it could. I had somewhere around 100k (idk I totally forget) and I think you can do bal on my old account to be sure. (Im having internet issues lately so I got disconnected before I had a chance). Thank you :)

-didn't read any MSGS above besides like the sponges ones

Actually I think my bal may have been fixed, it just wasn't showing up on the side bar thing. Cause I used minechat and I did /bal

Last edited:

lukejamesb1

First Step
Luke, there are some choice things I'd like to tell you, but I won't because it isn't worth sinking to your level. Honestly, for a business owner, you're quite rude, and I really, really don't want to do this today. If you have tons of money, you shouldn't be complaining, because again it's your choice what you do with it. $100 should be a toss at this point (not even sure why you'd care about Minecraft) the way you talk about it.

As Maarten already stated, you can get compensated by emailing. Don't forget that, also, people have lives. They do a lot and built up the foundation of Snapcraft when they had good time, and they've managed it for years. Bas and Maarten are people that I've respected the most in my life besides my dad and grandfather. You give what you get.

I do happen to know what "busy" is, sometimes dealing with five people at a time in Creative asking for help with things. I wheel and deal, mate, and I frankly don't care any more about your gloating. I could gloat and whine and bash others about ten things right now, but no thanks. I like people more than that.

At the end of the day, fair's fair. You've spent your money. You can get compensated from a reset in two days or two years by emailing. That's about all you need to know.

This is the problem about someone who hasn't fully developed a perception that is outside their teenage world of music, homework and socializing with friends. There is a massive difference between being rude and being stern whilst expressing yourself. One is a key business principal, and the other is bad customer service.
I have not uttered one rude thing, or have not placed any criticism to anyone at all. I merely expressed how I felt, and wanted to point out an issue I was having and I am also very frustrated over the lack of service provided to me by Snapcraft, which as been an ongoing issue for quite some time to me. Especially the lack of responses to emails sent, or questions asked.
If anything, you are rude for telling me to go and seek help in your first reply. So I think your vision of who is upper and lower level wise in this discussion is reversed, but regardless. I'm not going to continue preaching to someone who will understand me in six years. I'll just let you get to my point naturally, and then you'll get it.

Anyway, I quit. I'm not replying anymore. I'm out.

Twak

Gold Miner
This is the problem about someone who hasn't fully developed a perception that is outside their teenage world of music, homework and socializing with friends. There is a massive difference between being rude and being stern whilst expressing yourself. One is a key business principal, and the other is bad customer service.
I have not uttered one rude thing, or have not placed any criticism to anyone at all. I merely expressed how I felt, and wanted to point out an issue I was having and I am also very frustrated over the lack of service provided to me by Snapcraft, which as been an ongoing issue for quite some time to me. Especially the lack of responses to emails sent, or questions asked.
If anything, you are rude for telling me to go and seek help in your first reply. So I think your vision of who is upper and lower level wise in this discussion is reversed, but regardless. I'm not going to continue preaching to someone who will understand me in six years. I'll just let you get to my point naturally, and then you'll get it.

Anyway, I quit. I'm not replying anymore. I'm out.
do you really have to add on to this flame war? At this point no one really cares about what you respond or what the flame war is about. So please, do us all a favor and stop complaining.

nesto813

Iron Miner
You don't care I've talked to a few people that agree with him. everyone is intitled to state there opinion just like you do. Just saying I didn't see no complaints in his statement except comments and a response to what Iamontda had responded to him too. But I will leave it alone as for not to continue this.......

BLOOOB

Zombie Killer
It's just his opinion, calm down.
do you really have to add on to this flame war? At this point no one really cares about what you respond or what the flame war is about. So please, do us all a favor and stop complaining.